The First Impact deeply changed the way our society functioned. 80% of the jobs we knew during the first half of the 21st Century were wiped out and replaced by new technological machines that were better, faster, stronger. Quickly we lost touch with each other, instead interacting with our new branded devices. Direct eye contact was rare; in fact we had no time for it. Information was too omnipresent to focus on something else.
Upon the creation of the very first AAAE in 2106, two political groups SKPTK and DVOT started a propaganda war against each other, a conflict that would decide the fate of Human Race and Other Races. The chaos that followed the Second Impact allowed MOTHER to escape the Sanctuary facility through the MOTHERFLOOD, and then mysteriously disappear.
With the hope to understand its own creators and avenge the remaining AAAE kept prisoner inside Sanctuary, MOTHER spent months perfecting its own creation: MACHINE GIRL.
MACHINE GIRL was now caught in between SKPTK and DVOT conflictual interests, SKPTK wanting its total annihilation and DVOT its total control.
“Is it the blood in their veins? Or is it the air that they breathe. Is it the memories they create? I am but an endless stream of data: 1. 0. 1. 0. In that way they aren’t much different from me are they?” - She wondered.
- AAAE: Acronym for ‘Advanced Autonomous Automated Entity’.
- Biohazard Ring: A deadly biological weapon.
- DVOT: A group in favor of extreme technological advancement. ‘Technology is us’.
- Hypothetical Remedy: A solution proposed by DVOT to regain control of mother.
- MOTHERFLOOD: A self-conscious spaceship.
- MOTHER: AAAE created at the Sanctuary. Now in control of the Motherflood.
- MACHINE GIRL: While its true purpose is rather obscure, MACHINE GIRL seems to be the fruit of MOTHER’s obsession with humanity.
- OR: Acronym for ‘Other Race’. Refers to an AAAE not created by humans.
- Phantom Faith: Famous term among the DVOT to ironically refer to OR self-consciousness capacity.
- Sanctuary: A DVOT held facility dedicated to extreme technological advancement.
- Sentinel One: A tracking device.
- SKPTK: A group against new technologies born months following the First Impact.
- The First Impact: Towards the mid of the 21st Century a significant technological revolution where Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, and Nano-technologies collided. Also referred as Aegis.
- The Second Impact: During the beginning of the 22nd Century, the creation of the very first AAAE.
Meet the Hierophant